Search This Blog

Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring Break-Friday

This morning the kids pulled out the watercolors and painted a little. It all started because Ada wanted to do some fairy drawings. We've started this thing where I draw little fairy portraits of her and Tessa and Let them color them in. This is Ada's fairy portrait that she painted:


Ryan painted pictures of his friends:


Tessa made an abstract wash that I will use as a background paper in her baby book:


Nathan came in at the tail end and kind of goofed around and didn't really make anything so I thought I'd post a cool dragon he did a few weeks ago at a YW activity:




In the afternoon we rode our bikes down to the library and had a picnic lunch outside. When we got there I noticed Tessa's back tire was flat. I was asking everyone if they had a tire pump, but no luck. Tessa was unaware that her tire was flat because her training wheels kept her going and I certainly didn't want to alert her to the fact that it was completely out of air--because that would have opened the door for complaining. She was really concerned about me being able to ride my bike. She thought my tire was flat and that was why I was asking for a pump. She did really great--she just could have had a much easier time if she had a full tire!

I paid off my library fines with cans of food! This week the library is letting you pay off your fines with canned food to donate to those who need it. Each can is worth $1! I brought 12 cans! So if any of you locals have fines head on over to the library with your cans--the offer expires on Saturday! One day left!

We picked up several new books and a few videos. I got "Flipper" for the kids to watch, "The Bourne Identity" for me & Aaron, as well as "A Series of Unfortunate Events"--I read all 13 books and have wanted to see the movie for a while. It was at the library so I grabbed it. I also picked up the 1st season of LOST because I have never seen the first several episodes. I have watched the first 3 online, but it tends to be slow from time to time with buffering. So I saw the first season DVDs and grabbed them only to find, when I got home, that I have the first season starting with Episode 9! I need Episodes 4-8 first! I guess I'll be watching those online!

After we had "paid" our fines and checked out books and videos, we played on the library playground. Sorry folks no photos of the kids today--I was too bogged down with cans to bring a camera with me too! We finished up our afternoon with a trip to S.O.S. drug where you can get a "scoop" (it is really more like 2 scoops) of ice cream for $1. It is our favorite place to visit especially as summer approaches.

Tonight Nathan's friend, Dallan, is sleeping over too!

All-in-all I think we had a great Spring Break. I don't like to do too many activities on top of one another. It just gets too hectic and stressful, so I tried to make sure we had at least one fun event each day. I think we accomplished that and the kids at home still had fun stuff to do while Kielle was in South Carolina doing all sorts of fun stuff with her grandma there.

2 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

Simply put: YOU ARE AMAZING!!

You should write a book on being a fun mom!

Marc Gingell said...

I agree with amylouwho! :) And what fun fairy pictures! I remember you having art portfolios over at my mom's for awhile. The most art my kids get out of me is a stick figure, a spider (circle with eight curved sticks for legs, and a smile) and a poor excuse for a horse. Sami has me draw horse after horse after horse all during sacrament meeting. They never get any better.....