Search This Blog

Friday, April 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday. He is serving a mission in the Geneva Switzerland mission with my mom right now. A lot of people think my dad is kind of strict (which he can be), some people are afraid of him--perhaps because he is a little bit too businesslike sometimes. So, I have to post this to show that my dad knows how to have fun and be a little silly too:To me, he's my dad and he is wonderful. He has mellowed with age and it is fun for me to watch him be the "grandpa with the candy in his pockets" so to speak. Although they are far now, it has been a treat to have my parents close by. My dad has taught me how to balance a check book and manage my money. I have learned how to take care of myself in business situations and to make sure that I get the quality I deserve from a merchant. He has taught me about integrity. And he had taught me the gospel. He has taught me to follow the prophet and to be obedient. Growing up, I always knew that my dad was aware of what interested us because he would always clip articles from magazines he was reading that dealt with topics he felt we would like and then clip them to our bedroom doors. He has always been there for me. I love you Dad! Happy birthday!

4 comments:

Marc Gingell said...

I remember one time your parents were staying at my mom's and your dad thought it was the funniest thing that I would jump everytime I opened a can of biscuits and it popped. Love that picture! :)

Migaloo said...

Can this count as my happy birthday dad too?

Leslie Moseley said...

Nolan isn't the only one that thinks it's funny when Hillary jumps everytime a can of biscuits is opened!

I remember your dad playing 'Swat the Fly' and having a jump roping contest with me. Happy Birthday Nolan!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Have I mentioned that I really, really love your parents?