Search This Blog

Friday, April 4, 2008

Get Munk'd




At Christmas-time, Grandma May took the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks--which I'm really glad about because although I love Alvin and the Chipmunks, I'm afraid the updated 2007 version would annoy me.  I loved the cartoons. The kids LOVED this movie.   Today I pulled them out of school a half hour early to see the chipmunks "LIVE"--it was a free half hour concert at the mall to promote the new DVD.  I totally surprised them.  They had no idea what we were doing.  The Chipmunks sang about 5 or 6 songs and then the kids could either stand in a REALLY long line to get a photo with one of the chipmunks or stand in a non-existent line and take a photo in front of a green screen and be put in a photo with the chipmunks.  Guess which ones my kids chose.  I am SOO glad that they don't like long lines either!  It was a lot of fun.  They have thanked me over and over.  Yeah I totally Rock!  Today, I'm a good mom!  Of course I'd be a better mom if I let them buy the DVD but I couldn't handle that OVER and OVER--maybe we'll rent it--once.

Ada was wearing a green shirt that was the same color as the green screen so it disppears. They offered to fill it in for her, but she liked the way it looks. It actually does look pretty cool.

3 comments:

Leslie Moseley said...

Those are really cool pictures and probably better than pics would have been after waiting forever in a long line.

Shelane said...

Personally, I love the invisible shirt.

Marc Gingell said...

Those are cool pictures. I had no idea you were such a rock star, Robyn!