Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

100th Post!

I read somewhere that it is proper blog etiquette to make a list of 100 things on your 100th post. So here are 100 little known or perhaps even common-known facts about me. Enjoy!

1. I watched the entire Twin Peaks Series up to the resolution of who killed Laura Palmer in 7-10 minute increments on YouTube last year (2007.) I had a friend in high school who loved it and a college roommate who got me hooked on the music from Twin Peaks by Julee Cruz. It has always intrigued me. I am so glad I watched it. Now I know what I was missing.
2. I am the youngest of 7 children.
3. I have lived on 3 continents. (North America, Europe & Africa)
4. I got a BA in Art Education from BYU—graduated in 1997. I was pregnant with my first child when I graduated. There were no boring speeches at my graduation ceremony. We got to watch student films and the MDT students perform a little number.
5. Have I mentioned that I LOVED being an art major?
6. My favorite medium is watercolor.
7. I have eaten frog legs
8. I have eaten horse
9. The first time I had oysters was as a grocery store sample in Lille, France—why don’t they do those kinds of samples in the US?
10. I have eaten escargot.
11. I LOVE frogs legs and horse ( I know completely un-American) , but I don’t care for the oysters and escargot.
12. I have tasted champagne. . .once. . .I was a missionary. . .my mom was sitting right next to me.
13. I have five children. The age difference between my oldest and youngest is 5 years, 3 months!
14. Right now, my favorite color is pink.
15. I met my husband in France.
16. In high school, I ate a Twix bar with lunch every day. I was trying to win some contest. I can’t remember what the prize was.
17. I didn’t win the Twix contest, but I am a very lucky person. I win things all the time. I read somewhere that people who think they’re lucky tend to actually be lucky and people who don’t think they’re lucky aren’t. So I’m all for the odds being in my favor on attitude alone!
18. I took piano lessons for 7 years and have nothing to show for it. Oh sure I can plunk out a tune S-l-o-w-l-y and I am teaching my kids to play. But please don’t expect me to play well. I have a goal of trying to become better in this area.
19. I really want to learn how to play the guitar.
20. I took an underwater basket weaving class at BYU.
21. I tried out for cheerleading and poms every year since 8th Grade. I never made it. In hind site I am SO glad that I didn’t.
22. When I was little I always wanted to break a bone. I finally accomplished that at age 34 and it’s not all that it’s cracked up to be.
23. I used to be barefoot virtually all the time, now that I’ve broken my foot, I wear shoes most of the time and have purchased multiple pairs of 3 inch heels. Is there something wrong with me? I think I’m going for a twisted ankle next!
24. I love crème fraiche and wish I could find a place that sold it in the USA.
25. I wish we could find an excuse to move to France and live there for a few years.
26. When I was in High School I had the entire movie of “Some Kind of Wonderful” memorized. (I can still pretty much quote the good parts from memory)
27. I used to crawl out my bedroom window and read books on the roof of my house as a teenager.
28. I am scared to death to climb on the roof of the house I live in now.
29. I was an unwilling accessory to an unsolved firecracker incident one year at youth conference.
30. My 4th year, I tiptoed around girls camp in nothing but a towel in the middle of the night.
31. I have canoed the boundary waters.
32. By the time you finish reading this you will know everything about me because I am already starting to run out of material!
33. I have been rappelling and rock climbing. I loved them both.
34. I have lived in Utah for a total of 17 years (this includes college!) How did I end up here for SO long?
35. I have only been down hill skiing once.
36. I made a reproduction Tiffany stained glass lamp. I started it my senior year in high school and finished it about 3 years later.
37. I went to 4 different elementary schools, 2 different Jr. Highs, and 1 High School.
38. I dislike sewing.
39. I love fruit smoothies.
40. I believe in fairytale romance.
41. I have dined in the presence of a real princess.
42. I love the ocean in Winter.
43. I really would love to live back East somewhere.
44. As a child, I took tap, jazz, ballet and gymnastics but never stuck with any of them.
45. When I was 8 or 9, I really wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader!
46. I got to do a flapper dance in a stake performance.
47. Please don’t call it exercise or I won’t want to do it! I prefer “bike ride” or “dancing.”
48. One of my fondest childhood memories were one-on-one outings with my dad. I wish we had done more. I make my husband do more, because they mean so much to me and the kids!
49. My Mom can do everything (including speaking French!) I always thought I was just like my mom, but I am nowhere near as amazing.
50. I only applied to ONE college—BYU. I am so lucky I got in.
51. A foreign exchange student from France was living with us the summer before my mission—I refused to speak French with her (despite the fact that I had taken 7 years of French in school.) She came back to live with us the summer AFTER my mission. I refused to speak English to her.
52. I served in the Belgium Brussels (French speaking) Mission.
53. I was an Indian Brave in a 5th grade production of “Peter Pan.” My line was “Uga Wugga Wig Wam.”
54. I really wanted to be Wendy.
55. I was in a singing group in 5th grade called “Kadence Kids”
56. I participated in Mural Club in High school.
57. One of my favorite foods is homemade beef stew. mmm
58. I miss Genghis Khan Mongolian Barbeque in Hoffman Estates, IL. I wonder if it still exists.
59. One of my college room mates and I would have loud “fake fights” with the windows open so that our neighbors could hear us. Then we’d roll on our beds and laugh. It was very cathartic.
60. I ditched High School as a freshman. It was boring. Nothing remotely close to Ferris Bueller’s Day off!
61. The last time I took a math class was Algebra II as a junior in High School. I got a D+ (my teacher liked me-that’s why I got the plus.)
62. When my sister and I went out dancing, people would ask us if we practiced at home because we were so good (and humble too.)
63. I work from home and I love that flexibility.
64. I am married to a sensitive new age man. He is totally romantic and ideal for me.
65. It is awesome being married to someone who is such a good friend!
66. In the winter I used to go out with my hair wet and it would freeze because it was so cold!
67. I learned to drive on a stick shift.
68. Crunchy Peanut Butter, Please
69. I love Ferraro Rochers
70. When I was about 3 years old, I got lost in St. Peter’s Square in Italy.
71. I miss dancing in the warm Chicago rains.
72. I asked my husband to help me with this list—He said to add that I am babe-a-licious!
73. I am glad that he still thinks that 13 years and 5 kids later!
74. I traded entire my entire closet of clothes for my best friend’s closet for about a week or so while I was in college! It was awesome to have all new clothes even if for a short time.
75. My family had pet snakes when we lived in Louisiana
76. I had a French Lop rabbit named Dolli.
77. We currently have a pet frog named Darth Sidious.
78. I love music
79. I love buying music on iTunes
80. I rely on music to remind me of various stages of my life.
81. I feel calm and comfort whenever I am near my husband.
82. Motherhood is more difficult than I expected.
83. Whether I am filling up the sink full of soapy water to wash the dishes or only have one dish to wash, I use the same amount of dishwashing liquid!
84. Before I had children I was certain I would never let the TV be a babysitter to my children.
85. Ha! Ha! Ha! Then I had children and needed to take showers!
86. I breastfed all my children.
87. I finally figured out how to do it without any painful adjustment period on my last one!
88. I was an EFY counselor.
89. I am much more comfortable with small intimate gatherings than large parties with lots of people.
90. I would rather go on a vacation where we visited one spot and relaxed and enjoyed that one place than tried to see EVERYTHING and feel spent by the end.
91. I saw the Lion King for the first time in French at a theater in Valenciennes, France.
92. I bought my husband a DSLR camera for Christmas and I use it more than he has!
93. I love learning how to use the camera and taking pictures of my kids!
94. I am loving digital scrapbooking.
95. I love blogging, because I am documenting our family events finally!
96. I also love it because I have reconnected with long lost friends!
97. My favorite seasons are Spring and Fall.
98. I am currently a huge LOST fan!
99. I also love the Twilight series—even though I am totally embarrassed about it because it seriously overtook my thoughts for about 3 months and I re-read the books over and over and over! Pathetic!
100. I love my life!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Fun list Robyn!

Marc Gingell said...

Don't forget your long lost cousins! :) Funny stuff. I didn't know you met Aaron in France. Okay...I didn't know MOST of that stuff :)

amylouwhosews said...

oops - i missed my 100th post about 40 posts ago....

I like reading your list! I tagged you on my mommy and beyond blog in an ABC list - but I think this counts!

Shelane said...

very informative. and most of it i would never have learned even if we were neighbors and sent our kids to the same school for 4 years in a row. loved it all!

Anonymous said...

Robyn! I love this list! I love your blog! I have no idea how many posts I've done but maybe I'll try your idea. It's fun to get to know people this way---
Sarah

Heather Walker said...

Wow!! That was fun getting to know you better. I'll have to remember to do that when I get to my 100th post.