Search This Blog

Monday, May 19, 2008

Spring fix-ups

The kids have been pretty good helpers with our fix-up jobs. I only have photos of Ada and Ryan helping but they all have pitched in.

Last week after my shower I turned off the water only it didn't turn off! Hot water kept pouring out! The valve seal had eroded. I had to turn off the hot water for the day and then went and got the part so Aaron could fix it when he got home. (I am nowhere near as handy at fixing things as my Moseley cousins are!) Ryan helped Aaron with this project. He was such a good little helper and I love seeing them working side by side!



Our other project was to get the swamp cooler up and running. We descaled all the panels--a loooong and tedious process-- and Aaron painted them and the actually swamp cooler unit. Today he asked me to put the cooler pads in if I had time and my work would permit it. Well, by mid-day when I was dying of heat (It got up to 88 degrees outside today) and getting a headache, I decided that work would HAVE to wait! I was all over doing anything I could to get that swamp cooler up and running today! (Only if it involved being on the ground though, I don't lke climbing on our roof!)

Here's Ada helping Aaron descale a panel! What a great little worker!

2 comments:

Marc Gingell said...

Oh, I am sure you could do it. The internet will teach you anything :)

Hayley said...

hey robyn, this is hayley jones, heather's sister... i was just watching the news (the today show) and saw that the b52's are going to be performing monday morning. just wanted to make sure you knew that! (i read your blog in my google reader - just haven't made comments yet!)