Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Dinner at a Gourmet "Restaurant"

I hope that everyone had as great of a mother's day as I did! It was simple enough yet extremely meaningful.

I started off the day with a phone call to MY mom who is serving in the Switzerland Geneva Mission. All of us took turns talking to her. It was great to talk to her and see how she was doing. She is such a wonderful woman! And the most amazing mother. I wish I could be half as good of a mother as she was and is.

All of my kids have done something nice for me at some point or another. Nathan made me a couple of cards and on one he wrote a poem:
"I want to eat a chocolate flavored bug,
but more I want to give you a hug!"
You have no idea how completely "Nathan" that poem is!

The 3rd grade put on a mother's day program earlier in the week where they sang and danced for us. It was so much fun. Kielle gave me a book mark with her photo on it, which I am currently using to hold my place in Fablehaven 3. She also wrote me the reasons she loves me:
"Mother I love you because:
You take me to softball
You play with me
You let us play video games
Love, Kielle"

Ada brought me home flowers that I will plant in the front and a drawing of the 2 of us.

Ryan made a book in Kindergarten that has all of his "perceptions" of me. He put me down as 6ft tall and 100 pounds! I'll take that 100 pounds today please.

Tessa has made sure to say Happy Mother's Day several times today. She made these devoine cookies at preschool and then yesterday she wrote me a song. I wish I had a recording of her singing--it was soo sweet!
Mommy Tessa Song
Mother Dear, I love you so
I love you ten and
Mommy loves me
and I love her.
I love you dear mom.
Mommy is sweet
and I love you tweet tweet.
I will give you flowers
and I love you twenty
and I am 5 and you are 35.
You look like a flower dearly.
Today she decided that I look like a monkey instead of a flower. I am not sure whether that is a compliment or not since her self-dubbed nickname is Monkey.

Aaron made me a four course gourmet meal today. We were eating from about 3pm til 9pm. It reminded me of New Years Eve in France--you just sit at the table and eat and talk as each course comes along and the time passes so quickly! He is such a talented cook. Whenever he "creates" it is always out of this world. A couple days before Mother's Day I said, "So, what are you going to make me and your mom for Mother's day dinner?" Half joking/half serious. And he took it and ran with it. He was so excited about making this meal and having it come in courses! It was so thoughtful and delicious! I was also impressed because at church I heard that some of the young men were eager to get home to watch the NBA Playoff game--which normally Aaron would be extremely interested in. He didn't turn the TV on once! Not even to check the score! I was amazed and impressed. I wouldn't have cared if he did check the score, but the fact that he didn't showed how much he was trying to make the day special for ME. He is the most AWESOME husband ever! I love him so much and I just loved his mother's day gift to me.



Click on the menu to see what glorious delights Aaron made

8 comments:

heidizinha said...

aaron, that's a pretty intense dinner! it all looks delicious! i'm sure robyn was in heaven.

Shelane said...

YUM! nothing else, just YUM!

Heather said...

Hello!! How lucky are you, that dinner looks amazing.

Marc Gingell said...

Well, while I disagree with the best husband ever (I think mine is, hee hee) I do have to say he is up there! That food looks fabulous! And it is lunchtime which doesn't help my growling belly......

Tasha made me a book too...I am 5 feet tall and 100 lbs. Let's go cash those in! lol

Heather Walker said...

Wow, that food looks delicious! I am impressed. What a wonderful Mothers Day for you.

Holly O. said...

That dinner looks out of this world!!! I made my own breakfast, lunch and dinner on Mother's Day...so I am really thinking Aaron rocks the house!

Sonia said...

Props to Aaron! That is quite impressive, and sounds delicious! I love the picture of him in the apron - it's so sweet. I love the part about you being 6 ft and 100 lbs in the other entry. Sounds like you are size 0, good for you! If only I could be 100 lbs.....

Anonymous said...

What an awesome meal! And I can't believe you won something--again. For every contest I've ever even looked at, you've won one.