Search This Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hectic!

That would be how I described Wednesday. A good portion of that hecticity (is that a word?) was due to procrastination and the rest due to too many things being scheduled for one day. Luckily, i didn't have to worry about YW because my very wonderful and capable counselors had that taken care of for me! Thank you! I knew that on Wednesday, we would be helping make a catapult for Kielle's simple machine project for school, I knew that I had to come up with a Junie B. Jones costume for Ada's wax museum book report. I knew that I had kindergarten graduation that evening and needed to be to the school no later than 5:40pm. I didn't know that Nathan had a major portion of a group project that he still had to research and write up. I tried to help them all as best as I could, and I understand the procrastinating--I did it all the time in school and if there weren't all the other things to be done--it might not have been so stressful. Wait, I forgot to add that Aaron had a major project for school that HE had due which just added to the whole stress of the day! Oh yeah! AND Kielle had softball practice. This day was obviously scheduled by outsiders because I never would have knowingly given myself this many things to try to accomplish in one afternoon. We did it all by the way. It is totally doable--we even had a homemade dinner (at 8pm). I just don't enjoy having that many things to do at one time. I am not a multi tasker. I prefer to enjoy things and take it easy. This day is probably just shades of things to come as these kids get to be teenagers and start going in many many different directions, so I guess I should just suck it up and get used to it.

Aaron is taking an instructional design class right now and they were asked to improve a design for a heart model. So he has been working very hard on that.

Nathan and I planned a 7 day trip down to Emery County. His portion of the assignment was to create an itinerary. During the course of looking up attractions in Emery county I learned that we actually had a budget of $600! So we decided to not stay in a hotel but to stay at Millsite State Park. There is a lake with a beach and you can fish and swim there and it is not far from the city of Emery where the Emery County Fair takes place--which was a destination on this fictitious trip, I tried making Nathan make the phone calls to all the museums and hotels and campgrounds to get info for his trip. I even wrote him a script but he was scared and froze and wouldn't talk when someone answered the other line. Maybe next time. . . We also added a trip to the Emery County Pioneer Museum. This trip was supposed to include fun, history and nature. We made sure to hit it all and by our calculations we were well over $200 under budget so we could go have more fun with that money. It was a fun assignment to work on, I just wish we had had more time to work on it!

Aaron worked with Kielle to get her catapult made. It had to be an invention made with 3 different types of simple machines. Hers included a lever, wheel and axle and screw. They came up with the plans for it a while ago but we've always had other projects pushing it to the side. Last night Aaron helped her finish it.




And Ryan had Kindergarten Graduation. He was so animated up on the stage. There was one song where all the kids were supposed to mimic guitar playing. Most of the kids looked like they were playing a ukelele, just really subdued and sweet. Not my Ryan. He stood off to the side and swung his arm around in a full circle before every stroke of his air guitar playing. He is such a trip!





I love these graduation caps they made out of laminated cardstock and plastic bowls!

1 comment:

Marc Gingell said...

That is a cute hat! Way to go Ryan :) And way to go Robyn getting all those things done!!!