Search This Blog

Friday, February 22, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking, Here I come. . .

I have talked about how I am working on Personal Progress for Young Women so I can be more familiar with the program. It actually is helping me to progress too. (Who knew?) So for one of my value projects, I've determined that I am going to FINALLY make Tessa and Ryan their baby books. I started pages for both of them but don't have anything concrete to give them. And the other 3 children have baby books of their own.

I am soo excited about this. I know its going to take me a long time to do it, just sneaking in time here and there. I decided that instead of Scrapbooking the "traditional way" (ie print out photos, buy cute stickers and paper and diecuts etc.--then, glue, cut mix and match) I would make a bound photo book. For about $50 I can have a bound book-- which will cost me less money than the old fashioned way and I'd have a nice polished product when I'm done.

My friend, Heather Walker, does that kind of thing, so she sent me to a place called Heritage Makers where you can make the books and then she gave me all sorts of tips and tricks for putting together photo pages and where to find free digital scrapbooking images. I found a lot of cute images, but I wasn't finding exactly what I wanted when it hit me! I can draw the images I want! I had so much fun going into Illustrator and making my roses and a little wreath to put around Tessa's picture and now the Baby book will be MY style completely! I am so excited about that! It takes a lot less time for me to draw what I want than to search all over the internet for it too! Woo Hoo! This is the first page I did for Tessa's Book! I am so excited to get this project going! Yeah!

(if you click on the picture you can see it even better)

1 comment:

Heather Walker said...

Thanks for putting a good word in for Heritage Makers and me. It is so fun talking with you about digital scrapbooking. Now I need you to teach me how to use Illustrator. That picture you drew of Tessa is so cute.