Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2008

General RS Meeting

This year my ward had the opportunity to go to the conference center to attend the General RS meeting of conference. It would have been really neat to have gone there to watch it, but when my RS pres called to confirm my ticket earlier in the week, I felt like I should tell her that I was not going. Because of Kielle's accident there is no way I would have left my family all afternoon to go up to SLC so hopefully someone else had the opportunity to take my tickets. I ended up recording it on our DVR and watching it with Aaron after the kids went to bed. I wonder if I'm a little bit odd, because most of my married life I have watched women's conference with my husband and I LOVE it! We sit and talk about what the speakers have shared. Last night I paused Pres Uchtdorf's talk for a half hour as we discussed something he said and then started it up again as we finished our thoughts. This is truly my favorite way to watch. I 'm not excited about "going out with the girls" or getting away from making dinner (not that I don't mind these things on other occasions.) But there is something I really love about watching it with him right next to me.

7 comments:

Holly O. said...

That seems like a perfect way to watch it.

Unknown said...

Mom said:
Super idea. I don't like going out to those things either. We will put it on like we do conference when we have to wait and get it delayed. It's so much better watching it together. They announced in Church today that Women's Conf will be rebroadcast in Geneva next Saturday. Thank you but no. I want to watch it at home, in English, with my husband.

Marc Gingell said...

My VT's got tickets and invited me... and while I DID make it home in time from my anniversary date, it's not really my cup of tea. If I am going to hang all night with the ladies it is going to be scrapbookin and pigging out!!! lol

And yes, 9 years DOES go by fast. Next year is a big one...we are going to go to a Vegas show. Not a "Vegas Show"...but a fun show...in Vegas. We'll have to see what is playing at that time.

Leslie Moseley said...

I didn't go out with the ladies either. When it came time, I just wanted to be home. Then I forgot to watch it so I watched it on Sunday. That was nice. We were offered tickets to the Saturday morning session but I suggested someone else take them this time. We've been a few times and it's nice but I do like to hang out in pjs all day if I want.

Migaloo said...

Yeah, so I'll hop on the band wagon also and admit that I just don't dig hangin' with the gals on this occasion.

To be fair, I don't like going early to eat pizza before the priesthood session, but I do it because the kid likes it. I do like being able to sit with my son in the Stake Center.

I'm not much for getting gussied up and heading downtown either, but on the rare occasion it is special.

Anonymous said...

Our ward sent out a "reunite with the sisters" plea. Which I ignored, because I feel much more spiritual when I'm in my jammies eating a bowl of M&M's. Now, if we could just get TIVO, I could stop yelling at everyone to shut up so I can hear.

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/vitamin-terbaik-untuk-kecerdasan-otak