Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Caramel Dumplings, anyone?

Kielle & Ada's Activity Day leader just sent me an email saying she's one of 6 finalists in a cooking contest. Here's her email:

Dear Family and Friends,
I have some very exciting news and I need your help. I entered the the Utah's Own Downhome Cook-off on KUTVChannel 2 News. I was selected as one of the six contests that get to appear live on the 12 o'clock news with Chef Bryan Woolley to make my recipe. My appearance date is actually tomorrow September 2. I will be on the channel 2 news at noon, so if you are home and want to tune in.. . I am so excited, but nervous too! The part I need your help with is this: after I appear on the show my recipe will be posted on their website for 1 week. There will be two finalists chosen from the numberof hits your recipe receives within the one week period. So if all of you will go to www.kutv.com then click on FOOD, then just click on my recipe. It will say Utah's Own Downhome Cook Off: Caramel Dumplings. The two finalists go on to compete at the Utah State Fair for the grandprize. I would appreciate all of your support in helping me out with this. I would love to be one of the finalists. Wish me luck!

Thanks,
Shaun-ta'

Even if you don't know Shaun-ta' you should still go out and click on her recipe because then she might win and she is a pretty amazing lady. She always has such well prepared and thought out activity days for the girls'. We think she's pretty wonderful! Last week she had the girls make a shepherd's pie dinner and then take it over to a family who just had a baby!

Kielle said they made this recipe at Activity Days last year and it was realy good!

So go check out her recipe and help her make it to the state fair!

5 comments:

Marc Gingell said...

It had been so long since I went, I didn't even remember how to load and take the safety off of the guns. lol James would probably be a better choice for that.

Unknown said...

Mom said:

I watched Shan-ta's segment, but didn't write the recipe as they talked about it. Can't find the written part now. Maybe you could post her recipe on your blog. I hope she gets to be a finalist. She seems like a very nice person to know. Lucky girls who have her for Activity days.

buttercup said...

I might post it after the contest is over, but she won't get voting points unless people click on the recipe. When you get to the food page, it is in the middle column and is called

* Utah Downhome Cookoff-Caramel Dumplings.

You just click on that.

Leslie Moseley said...

The range should have hunter safety classes. Hillary took that with our YM and that is really the best way to learn about guns. Another great way is going to Aspen Ridge. It's a Boy Scout camp that has YW camp weeks. They have horse back riding there too and my girls had a blast. You should call up the range and see what classes they have going.

Unknown said...

Mom said:

Be sure and tell us if Shan-ta makes it to the state fair. I have her recipe and it will be very easy to make over here. Have you made it?