Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Zits (not the cartoon)

Nature has played a cruel joke on me. I can't decide whether I should be annoyed or grateful. As a teenager I had near flawless skin. I was smug about the fact that I rarely had any blemishes appear on my face. Now don't get me wrong, I had the occasional zit now and again and my freshman high school photo is evidence to that fact, but for the most part, I had perfect skin. After I started having children I began to get one zit every month on chin in the exact same location. I was so annoyed by the fact that I had that one zit! But now, I have completely broken out they are all over my forehead and my chin. They are so annoying! So why should I be grateful for these blemishes all over my once perfect face?At least I'm too old to care what other people think now. I don't have fear of going out in public because someone might see my face all broken out with the latest rash of zits. If I had had this many zits at once as a teenager I would have been mortified that I might run into the boy I liked looking all zitty. But now, I feel confident enough about who I am and my self worth doesn't depend so much on what I look like and I know that the boy that I like will still like me back even though I am edging on pizza face territory. (He even thinks I'm sexy still.) But all the same--they hurt and are ugly and I really just wish they'd go away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's so unfair that zits and wrinkles happen at the same time. I've been breaking, out, too. One more thing I'll hold over my kids' heads when they're teenagers.