Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Christmas 2007

Better late than never.  We had a lovely laid back Christmas this year.  One thing I enjoy about our Christmas is we have guarded it as special family time.  We don't travel on Christmas and we try to enjoy our time together as a family.

Christmas Eve was particularly special this year.  Our traditional evening is to open up jammies and then put them on and read the Christmas Story.  Our evening this year was interrupted by a knock on the door and a box full of huge homemade fleece blankets.  One for each member of our family.  I don't know who gave those to us but EVERYONE loves them.  They were quickly divided up and everyone got their favorite one!  We must have spent the next half hour reveling in our new blankets.  They were so much fun.  And seriously of all the fun stuff we got for Christmas these are quite possibly the favorites because everyone sleeps with their blankets still and are often seen cuddling up in front of the TV with them.  


As we read the Christmas Story, Nathan was particularly touched in such a way that he was moved to tears. He said that he felt like all his worries were gone and he felt happy. It is an experience that is hard to share, but as a mother it made me feel like maybe the things we are trying to teach him are getting through to him. And it was wonderful to see that he is understanding the importance of Jesus as our Savior.


After we finished the Christmas Story, the kids took the"Daddy Train" down to bed and we geared up for a long night. . . I think we finally made it to bed at 1am. Poor Santa had to wait til we were done with our stuff before he could come :).



Christmas Day was a lot of fun. Santa brought the kids a Wii and I have to say that I love the Wii.  It has the kind of video games that you can play in increments of 15 minutes or less.  And  most of them you don't have to get to the next level before you finish it.  I do believe somebody who loves mothers invented the Wii.

Aaron bought me an outfit from my new favorite store--White House Black Market.  I now have some fancy dress up clothes for when we go on dates.  Whenever we go out he always has something in between dressy and casual to wear, but I either have jeans or a dress and sometimes I just don't want to wear a dress and sometimes jeans are too casual.  So now I have beautiful dress slacks and a gorgeous shirt and new jewelry and maybe I'll even get a picture of me in it someday!

I broke down and got Aaron a Cannon Rebel EOS.  He loves photography, he takes especially good pictures of nature so I've challenged him to enter photo contests.  So if anyone knows of a good contest coming up, let me know!

1 comment:

heidizinha said...

what a sweet gift on your porch! and anonymous?! how awesome!