Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thanksgiving Point (Ode to Summer)







My family LOVES Thanksgiving Point! It is such a fun and beautiful place to visit, but it can get pricey. That's why when I saw that admission is only $2 per venue per person every Tuesday in the month of August, I knew that we had to go. Today was kind of overcast and there were a couple drops of rain so we decided that we would go to the Dinosaur museum. Umm...not so good of an idea. The line wrapped around the building. So we drove down to the Gardens deciding that if they were overcrowded too we would just get ice cream and go home. But there weren't very many people at all at the gardens.. It was great! We had so much fun enjoying the beauty of Nature. Ryan loved being our Navigator and trying to figure out the maps.


The older kids discovered that there were plaques with quotes and scriptures all over and it became their personal quest to find as many of them as possible.

We love all the gardens there, but most especially, we love the Secret Garden.

We had so much fun and since there are 3 more Tuesdays in August, we just might have to go again and again.

By the way, does anyone know the name of this plant? I would like to plant it in m yard!






7 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

Okay< i need a photography and photoshop lesson from you! were you borrowing 'aarons' camera again? I love that top pic and of course all of your kids are adorable!

buttercup said...

Definitely borrowing "Aaron's" Camera. That was the best Christmas gift he ever received! :) I have been subscribing to a lot of photoshop tutorial blogs. Pioneer Woman photography has good tutorials, so does Jessica Sprague. There are a lot of free photoshop actions out there that make post procesing fun and easy. Natasha whiting. I think I will start putting my fav. Photography links in my sidebar. OK?

Marc Gingell said...

I love the free action downloads! Awesome pictures!

Unknown said...

From Mom-

I'll put my two-cents in as well. I love the black and white treatment of the photos. Its wonderful! Maybe we'll have you edit our mission photos :-) The children look like they really love it there. What a great adventure.

Migaloo said...

The plan is, of course, a coleus. Teresa recognized it immediately. You can go to www.coleusfinder.org and look at the pictures to find the exact name of the one you'd like to put in your own garden.

Migaloo said...

Plant, not plan

buttercup said...

Thank you Migaloo! Now I can make my front yard beautiful!