Search This Blog

Friday, August 15, 2008

Library Reading Party (Ode to Summer)

A huge part of our summer is participating in our library's summer reading program. Usually I will read books to the kids in the shade of our grapevines while they suck on popsicles. I have done that a few times but this summer they have done a lot of reading on their own. In the past, the end of the summer party has been a late night swim at the pool in Provo. We have never attended that party, but THIS year the party was a water party at the Arts Park! Complete with a dunking tank! Kielle and Ada were the bravest and got dunked over and over and over again. Nathan didn't want to go at all, but being the good mother that I am, I made him go and as usual he had fun in spite of himself. He avoided the dunk tank though until about the last 5 minutes of the event and then he couldn't get enough of it! The kids talked Mrs Moon--the children's librarian into going in the tank fully clothed and she turned to me and asked if I would too. I don't have the photos to prove it, but we did get dunked and it was fun!

Ada was the first one to try the dunk tank...
I think she LOVED it!
Then Kielle tried it out. I love this sequence because you can tell when she knew she was about to go down...and then she's...GONE!

Ryan waited in line for the dunk tank climbed up and then remembered how much he hates getting his head wet and got back down again.

He opted for a different kind of cage...
Tessa joined him in the bounce house. The two of them spent more time trying to get me to take photos of them than they did jumping! Silly kids!
And then Nathan tried out the dunk tank too...
The kids got soda at the bottle toss. They also got free sno cones and popcorn! They loved this activity (which was over a week ago on Aug 6th--that's how behind I am in my summer blogging.)

3 comments:

Marc Gingell said...

Love the sequence shots, that was great! Looks like a fun party!

Unknown said...

I have to agree, the sequence shots really tell the story from calm to WOW! The splash at the end is perfect.

Tell Nathan we're proud of him getting out of his comfort zone and trying the dunk. I have to exit my comfort zone frequently on our mission, and I'm always glad when I do.

Heather Walker said...

I love the pictures of Ryan and Tessa looking through the net.