Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just so I can feel more empathy???

My first opinion is that a mother should never get sick. Something in her biological make up should change when she births her first child. (There should be a provision for those who adopt too.) But monthers simply shouldn't get sick! But then I think when I am sick I have greater empathy and understanding for what my children and husband go through when they are sick and I am more patient and tolerant towards them in their illness. So this week I am being reminded how painfully awful an ear infection is. I can't ever recall having one before. Nathan just had one a couple weeks ago and maybe I was less than sympathetic to his plight, although we did get him to the doctor and get medication for it, I suppose I didn't have a strong enough grasp of how painful and awful an ear infection can be. So it is my turn to remember and know the pain. I have been awake at night so incredibly tired and exhausted and unable to sleep because of the pain. My Doctor prescribed me $50 ear drops which better work given their hefty price (and that's with insurance covering the remainder of the expense!) So far I haven't found relief, but I only got the drops yesterday and am supposed to be on them for a week. So much fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

From Mom:

How awful and such a busy week, too. Can you take a pain reliever with the other medicine? I'd think so since it's ear drops. Motrin works wonders for me. And yes, I always thought mothers shouldn't get sick, too. I hope you feel better soon.

amylouwhosews said...

I'm so so sorry!! I know what you mean - we don't have time to be sick!!

I felt like that a couple of weeks ago when I got my appendix out. My first thought was, 'NO!! I don't have time for this!!'

Migaloo said...

I typed and erased at least four different versions of "Oh come on, it can't be that bad. Suck it up and get back to work." Some were really quite funny too.

To me.

Well, I thought better of it (sorta, cause I typed it up there anyway.) Instead, I'll say that I hope you've found relief by now and that your 25 quid have been well spent. It stinks to be in pain.