Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Owlz baseball (Ode to Summer)







My friend Heidi put a challenge on her blog to essentially have fun this summer. She made a list of all the things she wants to do If you do something on her list, post it on your blog and let her know she'll give you a J-Dawgs gift certificate. So in an attempt to catch up on my summer and take my family to J-Dawgs for lunch (to complete our summer fun) I will be posting many odes to summer--I hope.

Monday night we took the kids to the OWLZ baseball game. I am not joking when I say that this was the only OWLZ game that will work for us until the end of August. There is so much other stuff going on! But my kids have free passes from their reading programs at school so we had to take them. We were able to go thanks to Granny May. I had a work dinner that Aaron & I needed to go to and so May took the kids and we met them there after dinner. We arrived after the 1st inning was over. It was a lot of fun to go to the game. The kids got there early enough to get a ball they had caught at a game last season signed by lots of players--They were really excited about that. We also got to enjoy dippin dots that were thrown out to the crowd! I also love the playground there and think that all stadiums should have one!

2 comments:

heidizinha said...

yeah robyn! i'm so excited! i hope you had a blast!

Migaloo said...

I just might do it. Purely for the monetary gain, mind you.