Search This Blog

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

My Goodness! I can't believe it has been so long since my last post. We had a really great Thanksgiving weekend. We got to host dinner this year and I think it turned out really great. My mantra when I am in charge is to stay calm and relaxed and everything will turn out fine. I figure what's the point of having people over if you are just going to be stressed out the whole time.

I didn't get the room downstairs painted like I had wanted to, but we did move the TV and Wii downstairs so that the kids and noise could be downstairs and we could actually have conversation without having to yell to hear eachother.

We had quite a houseful. My parents who just got home from their mission were there along with my brother Paul and his family. Teresa's (my sil) little brother and wife, Tasha came, Aaron's cousin Daniel and his wife Kenan were there and My niece Amanda. We had 20 people in all. I loved it! It was fun to have everyone over. One great little tip that I read somewhere was to get those cute little chinese take out containers to send leftovers home with your guests--They are inexpensive and disposable! They were awesome! I highly reccommend getting them whenever you plan n sending food home with somebody. I bought mine at Xpedx, which is a paper shop.

Paul and Teresa brought a game called Squint. It was a lot of fun to play with (They forgot to take it home and my kids continued to play until we saw them again on Sunday to give it back.) Also Aunt Jackie, Uncle George & Cindy showed up near the end of the evening. It was really nice to sit and chat with them.

Friday morning I hit the sales, got exactly what I wanted and then took the kids out to do some of their own shopping. I also got a really great deal on a desk for Aaron to study at. It is called a transitional desk. It is beautiful. It folds up small when not in use and then opens up as a huge desk. We are hoping this will be a good location for him to be able to study for school.

Sunday was my parents' homecoming talks. We learned things we didn't know about their mission from their talk and of course there were things we did know too. We got to sing a French Hymn called Au Jardin. That song always makes me think of Elder Mark Wilson from my mission.

All in all a great and enjoyable weekend. I was glad to be able to spend it with my family and friends.

1 comment:

heidizinha said...

i'm so glad you had such a great thanksgiving holiday! we need a basement to send kids too!