Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Spark!


Last night Aaron and I went out for our anniversary dinner. I was in the mood for something new and had heard of a new restaurant called Spark in Provo that I've been dying to try! I read about it from the Your Heart Out blog . They have never steered me wrong. So we figured why not? I am so glad we went. Aaron kept thanking me for bringing him here, so naturally I played it off as my anniversary gift to him--see previous post. We laughed over that, but seriously, this restaurant NEEDS to be on your list of Top Ten places to go and SOON! The food was amazingly delicious, the service incredible! The chef whipped us up a special anniversary treat--not on the menu-- which they dubbed "chicken nuggets" which was anything but. The chicken was so flavorful and juicy. and the light crust on the outside was perfect on a bed of carmelized onions served with cranberry sauce. MMM. I was wishing I had brought my camera (along with my new macro lens) to photograph every dish that arrived at our table! We had their homemade pasta as well as their scallop with creamy rice which Aaron repeatedly said was "off the charts." That one I was very close to not sharing at all. Oh. They also brought us "a sampling from the kitchen" of the best creamy mushroom soup I have EVER tasted. For dessert I had almond coated fried pudding with orange coriander ice cream. It was devoine. Aaron's dessert was the cream of Hazelnut soup which our server described as Christmas in a bowl. Yep. It was delish. The finishing touch was not an after dinner mint but an after dinner marshmallow. Even Aaron who hates marshmallows was willing to give this gourmet one a try and again it did not disappoint. Our server said they change the marshmallow flavoring daily last night it was a flavor they use in Japanese candies. I can't remember the name. The ambience was hip and modern. Honestly, I forgot I was in Provo for a little while. It has the feel of something that belongs in downtown Chicago, LA, or NYC. Next time you are going out to dinner give Spark a try. I'm going back as soon as I can!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mom said:

Hmmmm. I have a birthday coming up and think Sparks is just the place to go. What's the address?

Glad you had a great time. It's so neat when you try a new place and it turns out wonderful.

Heather said...

That sounds delish. I love new places that have a "spark" to them. Happy Anniversary!

Sonia said...

Good call Robyn! I love places like that with inventive menus!