Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

One Reason it is good to live in Utah

I am happy where I am. It's just that sometimes I wish I were somewhere else. Our original plan was to get in and out of school and get out of Utah. Well, 13 years later. . . we are STILL in Utah! Obviously, the Lord has big plans for us here. So, I like to try to find the advantages to being here that I would miss if I lived elsewhere.

I made a quick run to the grocery store this morning and MY cashier, Carol, asked me if my ward just had our RS Birthday Celebration (oops! I missed that one!) because lots of people in my ward had just bought ingredients for the dinner and charged it to my ward's account! (So, the good thing about Utah is not having your grocery cashier know about what your ward is doing--although this may be somewhat unique to Utah) The cool thing is I can PUT IT ON MY WARD'S ACCOUNT! I have learned that the copy store does this too! I can't tell you how much money I've "donated" to church causes because I lost the receipt or forgot to turn it in! Now all I have to do is put it on the tab! I am going to start asking at all the stores I go to when I make YW purchases ". . .and by the way does the Spring Creek 9th ward have an account with you?" That is SO Cool!

2 comments:

Leslie Moseley said...

I think your Utah bonus may be unique to Provo. The only 'tab' I've even been able to put ward stuff on is at the distribution center. There is another good thing about Utah, you have lots of family here. :)

Sonia said...

I'm your polar opposite - I only once in a while am okay with Utah - northern anyway. My preference is out of the country (for a time at least), but if we're still in the old U-T, then St. George is #1.
My Lehi ward had accoutns places too - I found that very helpful the same way you did. No more lost receipts and unintentional donations.