Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bizarre Request

I had to add this to our brick oven excursion. We have a ritual of while we are waiting to be seated at a restaurant of looking at the menu and having the kids decide what they want before we get to the table. It cuts down on having to wait EVEN LONGER--which can be awful with 5 kids in tow. Tessa was having a hard time deciding. I told her to take her time because we had plenty of time before we were going to be seated. One of the options on the kids menu was chicken nuggets and she absolutely HAD to know the shape of the nuggets before deciding. So I approached the hostess and asked her the shape. They looked at me somewhat befuddles and perplexed--those college kids obviously have never tried to feed a five year old before. However they were very accommodating and tracked down the answer-which was Oval. I told them they could add it to their list of strangest request of the day. Tessa decided to go with pasta. I guess oval just isn't her shape. . .I wonder what is!

3 comments:

Marc Gingell said...

I get it. Mac and cheese has to be straight pasta for one child but shells for another. Chicken nuggets are good but not popcorn chicken. French fries yes, tater tots NO!

Migaloo said...

Oh no you didn't! You start letting her get away with this diva behavior now and she'll be a nightmare before she's seven.

JLo anyone?

Leslie Moseley said...

This was so funny! Remember when James wanted circle eggs? Translation was scrambled eggs allowed to cook in the shape of the pan instead of continuing to scramble them while cooking. Each kid has quirky eating habits. I remember mixing milk with your mom late at night so Mark wouldn't know or he wouldn't use it! I can't imagine he didn't taste the difference.