Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Egg Dying


In the past, I've been kind of stingy about how many Easter Eggs we dye. Mainly cause less than half of the family will eat hard boiled eggs, So every year my children get to dye about 2 eggs each. But this year I figured What the heck--whatever we don't eat we'll throw in the compost pile, thus providing rich nutrient soil for our garden (except we don't HAVE a garden--but that's beside the point.) This year we bought 5 dozen eggs and let the kids have at em. It was lots of fun! And an extremely enjoyable FHE activity. And so far we've been able to consume half of them. We'll see about the rest. . .)

3 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

you are brave! I didn't even go there. It might have something to do with the fact that AK is only 2. We did have a nice little easter egg hunt in our backyard!

Migaloo said...

We'll be down at grandma's house on Monday. We'll take whatever you can't eat.

I like the BYU eggs

Heather said...

Do we really have to hard boil eggs to color them?? We eat all kinds of hard boiled eggs though, so I guess I don't really have issues with the boiling of them. Glad the kids had fun. I'm always worry somebody is going to spill the dye all over themselves. We did have two little spills this year, but they were both by me...so...