Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2009

Awards Assembly





The school gives out monthly recognition awards every month for the students. Tessa received one at the start of the school year and I totally spaced it! I wasn't even doing anything else I just spaced it. My kids told me she went up to receive her award crying because I wasn't there. And for a little while she would use that to guilt trip me--
"Mommy, do you still feel bad about missing my award ceremony? I need some ice cream."

So last week I was able to redeem myself when she received another award. Phew!

Nathan, Ryan & Tessa all received different awards--Nathan received on a scholarship award, Ryan received a citizenship award and Tessa got a special recognition for being a good friend. Ada also received a Scholarship award last month, but I didn't get pictures and in all honesty I arrived right AFTER she received her award, but at least I made it and we sat together for the rest of the award ceremony. I am so pleased with their accomplishments! They are great kids!

2 comments:

Sonia said...

I never noticed before how much Nathan looks like the boy version of you. This straight-on picture really wowed me.

amylouwhosews said...

the manipulation starts early, no?