Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ryan's Baptism


Ryan was baptized last Saturday (Sept 26). We are so pleased with his decision to be baptized. I was nervous for him because he hates getting his head wet. He won't go under water at all when he's swimming and he hates getting his hair washed because he gets water on his face and in his eyes, so I wasn't sure how he would respond to being fully immersed in water. But he did great! I asked him how he felt about going all the way under water and he told me he didn't mind it. I asked him what was different and he told me that the spirit was there and the water temperature was just right. :) We also talked about how he was prepared beforehand so he knew what to expect. I think that is really important and I am so glad that he felt prepared and ready for baptism. Not just physically but spiritually as well. He has read his scriptures every night since he was baptized and asks me to read them with him. And then we talk about what the verses he just read mean.

It was fun to have our family there and friends from the ward. I wasn't on top of it enough to get a photo of everyone together, but we are so glad that they came to support Ryan. Our kids were asked to sing at the baptism and Ryan chose "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam." They were a little nervous so we invited the other primary children there to sing also--I think they had 2 more voices added to their 5. They did great.







3 comments:

Clair said...

Wonderful! This brought a smile to my face. Congrats to Ryan!

PerkinsClan said...

Thanks for sharing this. My daughter (who is 6) keeps telling us she's never going to get baptized because she hates going underwater. There's hope yet!

Sonia said...

Great pictures! It's always a special feeling when kids decide to be baptized. I have been so proud of each neice and nephew that has made the right choice.