Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Doesn't this cake look Devoine? It was! Ryan requested an ice cream cake for his birthday this year and since Coldstone is out of the budget for now, I decided to try my hand at my own version. Which was so incredibly easy I think will do it again sometime. He wanted chocolate cake and mint chocolate chip ice cream. At first I thought it was just for our immediate family so it was going to be a 3 layer cake, but then he told me he wanted it for our extended family to share after his baptism. Thus it became a 5 layer creation. To give it more of a gourmet touch I put chocolate ganache between each layer and over the top. Well, actually Aaron took the Ganache job away from me. After I had finished making it he started pouring it on and didn't want to stop. He is such a gourmet. And I that is one of the many reasons for which I love him!



2 comments:

LisaJ said...

That looks so good! What a lucky kid! :)

amylouwhosews said...

as i said before, i really wish I lived next door. :)