Search This Blog

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Eve

(I wrote this post at the beginning of January but didn't have my photos ready yet. Forgive me for still posting holiday stuff, but I want it for my family :))

Now on to the night-time of Christmas Eve...

We have a tradition of everyone getting new PJs for Christmas. We do it because it was a tradition in Aaron's family growing up, but I also like Bryn's idea that the reason we do it is so that nobody is wearing holey old PJs for photos on Christmas morning.

We always have fun finding PJs that fit our kids and their personal preferences and personalities. My 2 favorites that we got this year were Ryan's and Tessa's. Tessa's nickname is monkey and we found her the most adorable monkey nightgown and she loved it! The picture says it all.



Ryan was hugging his pajamas too.


Long before, Kung Fu Panda came out Ryan was a huge fan of pandas. His dream is to be a panda rescuer. For his birthday he got a panda from build-a-bear wearing a Karate uniform. So I bought him a white karate uniform for his PJs. He also paints these really cute pandas. I took a couple of his paintings and put them in an emblem on the chest. He would live in those PJs if I let him.



I also LOVE the PJs Aaron got me. I would live in them if I could.They are made of the most yummy microfleece ever! I seriously want sweatshirts made out of this stuff to wear all winter long!















We had the kids take baths, put on their jammies, then we read the Christmas story from the scriptures and sang carols and looked and pictures depicting the story. The final event of the night with the kids is the "Daddy Train!" All the kids line up behind him from oldest to youngest and chug-a-choo-choo their way down to the kids bedrooms. Ryan was exhausted from the day of sledding and I think the train was more than he could handle. Ironically he was still awake at 1am when I went down to check on them!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mom said:
Great pictures! Lots of fun. Poor Ryan, he does look tired in the group and train picture. Sometimes you can be so tired you can't even sleep. Funny tho, I thought that was only for old folks. Ha ha!

Great tradition.