Search This Blog

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Kids Costumes

I read somewhere that it is best to take your kids pictures early in the day, as soon as they have their costumes on--that way they are tired or their makeup hasn't worn off etc. (usually I take their pics at the end of the evening.) This year we did a photo shoot before school. I am so glad I did, because it was one less thing to worry about. And the pictures turned out great!




Nathan was Anakin Sky Walker from the Clone Wars, to begin the day, he brought a Darth Vader Mask with him to school and he also was telling people he was Count Dooku at some point. Is he obsessed with Star Wars? Maybe....

Kielle was going to be Lord Sparr from a book series "the Secrets of Droon" but she didn't want to do the parts of the costume that would make her actually look like him so the night before halloween we went on a different costume search and she came up with baseball player. PERFECT!

Ada started off wanting to be a scarecrow, which we tried out a Nathan's fencing competition (which was also a costume party.) She was cute but not lovin it, So she thought about changing to a cowgirl but I had this indian dress laying around from my Peter Pan play when I was in 5th grade and she liked the idea of being an indian.


Ryan has wanted to be Alvin from Alvin and the Chipmunks since he saw the movie last winter! He has stuck with this idea. Can I tell you how difficult it is to find a red hoodie without some kind of graphic on it?! Near impossible. I finally had to settle for a zippered hoodie intsead of an over the head one! I thought he made a very cute Alvin and he is no where near as mischievous!

Tessa just wanted to be a kitty. very simple. She found all of her costume stuff on her own. I love it when they make it easy on Mom.

2 comments:

Holly O. said...

They turned out great! Love the costumes.

Heather said...

Everybody looks so cute! I love it when they make life easy on the Mom too!