Search This Blog

Friday, October 17, 2008

Does this count as a vacation destination?

I had to go into work yesterday for meeting so we didn't do anything grand for the first day of fall break, but today we got all ready early, the kids were excited they couldn't wait to go. The hopped into the car with a sense of anticipation. We made sure the iPod was synced so we could listen to the latest Adventures in Odyssey podcast on the drive to our final destination...IKEA! Yep, my kids are always begging me to go. They had so much fun looking at all the things in the children's section and were tolerant of me creating my personal wishlist. Yes. It was a fun and exciting hour and a half at IKEA and we topped it off with delicious Ballerina & Singoalla cookies! Could any other destination be so fun?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love love love those Ballerina cookies!

buttercup said...

I have to buy them every time I go! They are so yummy and I have to share them because if I don't I'll eat all of them all by myself!

amylouwhosews said...

I'll have to try those cookies next time I go. There is one right by my house here. I've got a little list going myself.

You should go when they have their Christmas decorations out. They are super cute and super cheap!

Leslie Moseley said...

And it doens't even cost a dime to get into Ikea... Bonus! Not having been there, I can't help but wonder why all the hub-bub like a new amusement park just opened. Some life-time I guess I'll have to go check it out.

buttercup said...

Well, it doesn't cost more than gas to GET there, but it IS difficult to get out without spending a dime! At least everthing I bought we needed! (including the cookies)!

I'm not sure if you live closer to it than I do or not. You do have to carve out a chunk of time to go though!