Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2007

General Conference

We got tickets to the Sunday Afternoon session of General Conference. Aaron & I took Nathan and Kielle. Grandma May was in town so she graciously agreed to watch the other 3 while we went to SLC. It was the first time that the three of them have been to conference live. The last time I went was in the tabernacle back in the days when you stood in line in the freezing cold at 3am to make sure you got in and then they packed you in like sardines on the hard benches. For me, the tabernacle was not a pleasant experience. But the Conference center was GREAT! We got there about a half hour before the session began. The seats were very comfortable. We could see who was talking. Since I wasn't distracted by 5 kids I was able to actually listen and retain things I heard in the talks. Amazing! It was rather pleasant. I think Nathan and Kielle enjoyed it too. It was nice to get to spend some time with just the two of them. They were great.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aren't we lucky to live so close?